The Greater Philly UU Cluster is focused on finding ways to integrate the 14 Cluster congregations within the larger Unitarian Universalist community. We do this through encouraging participation in Central East Region and national Unitarian Universalist Association events:
Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) General Assembly
June 20-24, 2018
Kansas City, MO
– Consider attending General Assembly
– If you cannot attend, consider being an Off-site Registrant
– If you’d like to watch GA with other UUs, the GPC is encouraging congregations to organize live-streaming events, so folks can watch key parts of GA together.
Unitarian Universalist Mid-Atlantic Community (UUMAC)
July 8 – 14, 2018
DeSales University, Center Valley PA
– UUMAC gathers together for one week each year to build community and deepen our Unitarian Universalist faith through fun, friendship, music, dancing, learning and worship.
Goldmine Youth Leadership School
July 29 – August 4, 2018
Main Line Unitarian Church, Devon, PA
– Goldmine is an intense leadership school for youth focusing on self-reflection and leadership skills. Youth learn concrete leadership skills, learn to lead a worship in a wide variety of youth worship styles, and work to articulate the faith based grounding for their values and leadership. Youth should be graduating from grades 9-12 or the equivalent home school age of 14-18.
UU Camping in the Grove
August 5-9, 2018
Murray Grove Retreat and Renewal Center, Lanoka Harbor, NJ
– Five days of fun-filled summer adventure for rising 4th through 7th graders. If your child love games, art, swimming, nature, and bonfires, our camping experience on this historical Universalist site is just for you!
Joseph Priestley District Celebration
September 22, 2018
First Unitarian Church of Wilmington, DE
More details to come!
Adult Midwest Unitarian Universalist Singles Enrichment (AmUUse)
October 27-29, 2017
Tower Hill, Sawyer, MI
UU Youth Con
Main Line Unitarian Church
July 21-23, 2017
The Summer youth con will be akin to all other youth cons that occur in the Central East Region. It will feature workshops, worship,
and bonding time (including outdoor activities) for UU youth from PA, NJ, DE, MD, DC, and Northern VA. There is an adult to
youth ratio of 1:5 and all adults have necessary clearances as required by PA state law. Youth Con is supervised by UUA staff. For
details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
UUA Presidential Candidate Forum
April 1, 2017, 9:00 AM
Main Line Unitarian Church (live-streaming event)
– This year, in June at the UUA General Assembly, we will elect a new president of the UUA (Unitarian Universalist Association). There are three excellent candidates for this position, The Rev. Alison Miller, the Rev. Jeanne Pupke, and the Rev. Susan Fredrick-Gray. On April 1st, they will be participating in a discussion which will be livestreamed to MLUC. Doors open at 9am; there will be coffee and light breakfast food. The forum begins at 10am. We’ll stay on for a discussion of the candidates, voting procedures, attending General Assembly in New Orleans this year as a delegate, and more.
– More info on Forum: https://www.uua.org/central-east/programs/better-together-central-east-region-leadership-day-and-uua-presidential