We at Restoration, sometimes also called UUCR, are a diverse and genuinely friendly group of people. Join us for Sunday services each week in our air-conditioned sanctuary at 11 am and for our coffee hour afterwards. Sunday school and child care are available. Summer services are followed by a potluck coffee hour.
The mission of the Unitarian Universalist Church of the Restoration is to affirm and project the principles and purposes of the Association. This includes actively maintaining a spirit of acceptance and a commitment to theological diversity, both of which are central to our Universalist heritage.
Within this context, we have established the following mission:
As members of the Unitarian Universalist Church of the Restoration in Mount Airy:
- We welcome people from all walks of life, regardless of age, class, race, gender, ability, sexual orientation, and religious and cultural backgrounds, who respect the evolving values of this congregation.
- We accept religious freedom with responsibility; valuing the richness inherent in diversity and supporting each individual’s
search for meaning.
- We commit ourselves to foster the ethical, moral and spiritual growth of our community’s children and each other.
- We speak out for social justice through voice and deed to address human needs and advance fundamental rights in our larger community.
- We share beauty and transform capacity of music to inspire, empower and bring people together; and sustaining a caring congregation where people nurture and support each other as they face the joys, sorrows and concerns of everyday life.
To this end, we pledge the resources and vision of this congregation.
UUCR Representative for the GPC: Carol Fern Culhane