Date(s) - 03/27/2020 - 03/29/2020
Due to COVID-19 concerns and in an abundance of caution, group face-to-face events at the UUCDC have been cancelled until at least the end of April.
If you registered for this event, your registration fee will be refunded. It’s anticipated this event will be rescheduled until Sept or October and participants will need to register again for that session.
Do you wish to nurture your congregation’s multicultural future in the face of opposing cultural currents? Do you wish to deepen your understanding of how race and ethnicity play out in our institutions and our daily lives? Jubilee Anti-Racism Training helps participants understand what is involved in nurturing a multicultural community and working against racism in all of its forms. The workshop requires a weekend commitment; and it is worth every minute of that commitment. For more details, visit UUA’s CER Jubilee page or Register Now!
Goals of the training include:
- To develop a shared analysis of racism and its individual, institutional, and cultural manifestations
- To begin to apply this common understanding to the history, culture, and institutional structure of our congregation, and to envision next steps
The training includes presentations, discussions, videos, exercises, small group work, worship services, and shared meals.
Agenda Topics Include:
- The history of racism and resistance to racism in the Americas
- Defining racism
- The effects of racism on people of color and on white people
- Dismantling racism
- Claiming and shaping an anti-racist identity
- Racism in the UUA
Continuing education units are available for teachers and social workers.