Main Line Unitarian Church
816 S. Valley Forge Road, Devon, PA 19333
March 3-5, 2017
Are you ready to take a leading role to nurture your congregation’s multicultural future in the face of opposing cultural currents? Do you wish to deepen your understanding of how race and ethnicity play out in our institutions and our daily lives?
- The Jubilee Workshop helps participants to understand what is involved in fostering a multicultural community and working against racism in all of its forms. The training includes presentations, discussions, videos, exercises, small group work, worship services, and shared meals.
- This workshop is open to members of any congregation in the Philly area. Church leaders are especially encouraged to attend.
Friday, March 3rd – 6:00pm to 10:00pm
Saturday, March 4th – 8:30am to 9:00pm
Sunday, March 5th – 8:30am to 4:00pm (with a break for worship service)
- The history of racism and resistance to racism in the Americas
- Defining Racism
- The effects of racism on people of color and on white people
- Dismantling racism
- Claiming and shaping an anti-racist identity
- Racism in the UUA
Registration and Fee
- Registration: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to register. Enrollment is limited to 40 participants.
- Fee: $150 (+ $5 online processing fee) per participant (includes cost for trainers, meals and materials). Fee is due at time of registration.