Are you looking for a new spiritual home? Want to learn more about Unitarian Universalism (UU)? Welcome! We are delighted you’ve taken an interest in Unitarian Universalism. Here are some resources that might help you on your journey:
We are Unitarian Universalists, a movement that calls you to put more faith in yourself, your community and your beliefs. Simply put, we are a guided path towards a better you and a better world.
We are people of all ages, people of many backgrounds, and people of many beliefs. We create spirituality and community beyond boundaries, working for more justice and more love in our own lives and in the world.
Unitarian Universalism affirms and promotes seven Principles, grounded in the humanistic teachings of the world’s religions. Our spirituality is unbounded, drawing from scripture and science, nature and philosophy, personal experience and ancient tradition as described in our six Sources.
To learn more about Unitarian Universalism, take a look at:
What is a UU service like?
If you’ve never been to a UU service, you may have some questions about what to expect. Here are some answers:
- UU congregations typically have a service on Sunday mornings.
- Our worship styles vary by congregation, and even within congregations. Some congregations’ worship is contemporary and high tech. Some congregations’ worship is traditional and formal. Some features exuberant music, some includes long periods of silent reflection. For more information on a typical service, see the UUA’s UU Worship Service.
- Children and youth are welcome to attend the entire Sunday service, or to participate in age-specific programming. As you prepare for the visit, wear what you please. At most of our congregations, you’ll see people in skirts and neckties but also in shorts and jeans. For more information on what to expect, check out the UUA’s What to expect when you visit on a Sunday.
- All are welcome to attend services at any UU congregation.
Want to find a congregation near you?
- If you are in the Philly area, check out the local UU congregations
- If you are outside the Philly area, the Unitarian Universalist Association has a Zipcode finder
Want to learn more about the Greater Philly Cluster?
We look forward to joining you on your spiritual journey.